Let’s face it. There are A LOT of social, publishing, and blog platforms out there. One challenging thing about publishing content now days is how time-consuming it can be to publish across so many platforms. Well, there is a simple (and free) tool to help with that process. It’s called If This Then That or IFTTT for short. Let me show you how it works.
- Head over to https://ifttt.com and create an account or signup with Google or Facebook.
- Next, click on the applets link. Applets are recipes to connect different service and trigger things to happen based on parameters you set.
- Next, you should decide which platform you prefer for publishing content in and make that your home base. For example, I like publishing in WordPress.
- After you’ve decided which platform you are going to publish on, you can create your applet. It will look something like this.
- After that, you can repeat the process for as many platforms as are supported by IFTTT (which are like a million). Some of the more popular of those are; Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, WordPress, YouTube, and Blogger.
- After that, it’s a good idea to give your new applets a test.
Here is the coolest part. Now when you publish to the main platform you’ve chosen. That post will be published across all the services you’ve connected in IFTTT, automatically! You can control how it handles images, links, excerpts, and more from IFTTT settings. There are TONS of options and combinations to choose from and some very creative ways to automate. I hope this helps you save some time!
P.S. Another huge bonus about publishing from WordPress to your social media profiles is that it drives visitors to your site. Google loves that so it will help with your SEO as well.