In this post, I’ll simply be posting facts about modern web trends.
- 53% off all site visits are abandoned if page load takes more than 3 seconds. [Source: Google DoubleClick blog]
- Walmart saw a 1% increase in revenue for every 100ms improvement in page load. [Source: WPO Stats]
- 75% of global media users in 2016 we on 2G or 3G. [Sourse: GSMA Mobile]
- The average user device costs less than 200 USD. [Source: International Data Corporation]
- Rebuilding Pinterest pages for performance increased conversion rates by 15% [Source: WPO Stats]
- As the number of elements on a page increases from 400 to 6,000, the probability of conversion drops 95%. [Sourse: Think with Google]
- By reducing the server size of JSON needed for displaying comments, Instagram saw increased impressions. [WPO Stats]
- Netflix saw a 43% decrease in their bandwidth bill after turning on GZip. [Source: WPO Stats]
Bookmark this post if you’d like. I’ll be updating it from time to time.